University Communications' video team produces high-quality shows that highlight many aspects of campus life. The team's work can be seen on UC Merced's YouTube channel.
Given the time it takes to write, produce and edit each video, client work is extremely limited. However, if you're interested in sharing an idea, a Video Project Initiation Form is online. Additionally, there are a couple local vendors who can produce videos that meet the university's standards.
Recent projects include:
- Impact videos that show how the campus's research and service benefit society. The pieces air on KVIE public television and are also available online.
- An overview of UC Merced's graduate studies.
- "Our Digital Life," a three-part documentary for UCTV that looks at how researchers are using tools to understand our past, present and future.
- Four videos about UC Merced's sports teams competing in the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics.
- A look at what the campus has achieved since breaking ground in 2002.
- "This is UC Merced," a recruitment video that's been viewed on YouTube more than 10,000 times and that also won the 2012 Council for the Advancement and Support of Education's 2012 silver award for Video Recruitment Feature.
For more information, contact Director of News and Social Media James Leonard by email or at 209-228-4408.